Subject: Re: Which player?

Re: Which player?

From: Peter C. Gravelle <xoder83_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:24:21 -0400

Stephanie,

Rockbox is a replacement firmware that can run on many different players.
Therefore the statement, "I want the player to be small," holds little
meaning. For instance, Rockbox runs on many Archos Jukeboxes, many iRiver
players and on newer iPods and iPod Nanos.

Rocker is correct, however, that Rockbox cannot play .AA files. They can be
transcoded (That is, translated from their original format to one we can
play), but this may be illegal in your jurisdiction. (For instance, I live
in the USA, and the DMCA forbids the breaking of copyright control
mechanisms.)