Subject: H340 batteries

H340 batteries

From: Jonathan Corbet <>
Date: 2006-06-13

My H340 battery life seems to have gotten just went from a
full charge to a low-battery shutdown in about 35 minutes. If I let it
sit for a while, it will somehow recover part of its charge, but it
still won't play for very long. It seems that my battery is toast. And
I have a long flight in a couple of days...

I'm curious as to what could have caused a catastropic battery failure
like this. But, at the moment, I'm even more curious about what I can
do about it. There are some good instructions out there on how to
replace the battery (,
but there is little to be found on where to *find* a suitable battery
for this device. Preferably in a hurry.

So...does anybody out there have a (US) pointer to a place which can
deliver an H340-compatible battery in a big hurry?

Many thanks,

Jonathan Corbet / /