Subject: Re: H340 batteries

Re: H340 batteries

From: Jonathan Corbet <corbet_at_lwn.net>
Date: 2006-06-13

Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net> wrote:

> So...does anybody out there have a (US) pointer to a place which can
> deliver an H340-compatible battery in a big hurry?

To answer my own question, some additional research appears to indicate
that replacement batteries for first-generation iPods will work in the
H340 - as long as one remembers to switch the leads and can cope with a
tight fit putting it all back together. As an added bonus, one can put
in a 2200 mAh battery - a nice upgrade over the 1300 mAh original.

Does anybody out there have any experience that would indicate that this
is *not* a good idea?

Thanks,

jon

Jonathan Corbet / LWN.net / corbet@lwn.net