Subject: Re: changes to voice files

Re: changes to voice files

From: James Teh <>
Date: 2006-06-14

The makevoices script lets you use your own SAPI speech engines. If you
mean manually recording your own voice, you just take the english.lang
file and record a wav file for each lang_xxx, where xxx is the ID. You
can grab the english.lang file from CVS or a source package. You then
assemble the wavs using the voicefont tool on the VoiceFiles page,
although it still takes a lang file in the old format. You will need the
converted lang file to manage that; I gave a URL in previous email.

Glenn at home wrote:
> No, I know all about the voice script.
> I was talking about a script to generate a Lang file, for each player.
> That way we could all use our own speech engine.
> I want to make one, but nobody here has responded to my enquiries on getting
> a list of menu words.
> I think I need to generate a bunch of Wavs, and trim them, and put them into
> a single file.
> I need a list and some instructions.
> But it would be nice if someone would make a script for this, if it is
> possible.
> Glenn

James Teh
MSN Messenger: