Subject: RE: New subscriber with some queries.

RE: New subscriber with some queries.

From: Rob Powell <rob_at_rinty.plus.com>
Date: 2006-06-19

Hi Maurice, never done this with an ipod, but it's the same procedure for
all the players.

Note, if you're using a daily build, which you must be on an ipod, remember
to download the latest version of the Microsoft voice file, not the one
specifically for 2.5. The structure of the language files has changed,
since 2.5 was released, which itself wasn't compatible with ipods.

OK, download the correct voice file. Unzip it to the directory
X:\.rockbox\langs the unzipped file will be called English.voice. It will
overwrite the english.voice file that's in the directory already, say yes,
when it asks you if you want to do this. Then simply reboot your unit, and
there you go, Mike becomes Mary!, I'm sure there are people who wish that
all sex change ops were that easy.

Who did you get to do your ipod for you? Would they do mine?

Rob