Subject: Re: German Voice File

Re: German Voice File

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:23:54 +1000

Hi Gerhard,
I just built another German voice file with Eloquence at 250 wpm.
However, I notice that some of the words, such as the Deutsch for
"battery capacity", are being spelt out. I think you pointed out some
problems with the previous language file before; this is probably the
same issue. It seems that despite the German speech engine, some of the
characters are not being spoken correctly.
I have nevertheless uploaded it:
http://www.jantrid.net/misc_files/deutsch.voice
I think I might pull down the voice file I previously built, as this is
not particularly nice. Please also note that this slower voice file is
too big to fit in memory on an Archos unit.
You might also try a voice file built by someone else with a different
speech engine:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/pub/Main/VoiceFiles/deutsch-lh-stefan-20060602.zip

Jamie

--