Subject: Re: jbr15 v2 HD?

Re: jbr15 v2 HD?

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:51:27 +0200

Hi,

Nice explanation, but I can't totally agree with your last statement. The
spinup speed is very important I think; it is fully responsible for bootup
times (5400 vs. 4200 rpm has no meaningful effect on that). Also, if the
drive spins up faster it can spin shorter which could save some battery. The
most important specification is however the power usage of the disk.

Ronald