Subject: charging questions

charging questions

From: James Teh <>
Date: 2006-06-23

Hi all,
I am curious about a few points regarding Rockbox and charging:
* Why is HAVE_POWEROFF_WHILE_CHARGING not defined for the Iriver H300?
Is this to stop the Iriver firmware from booting subsequent to Rockbox
power down with the charger inserted?
* The Rockbox code, in clean_shutdown() and several other places,
prevents Rockbox from powering down if HAVE_POWEROFF_WHILE_CHARGING is
not defined and the charger is inserted. Rockbox not completely powering
down makes sense, but why is charging_screen() not called instead of
leaving the Rockbox browser, WPS, etc. displayed? Currently, as I
understand it, charging_screen() is only called when the charger is
inserted while Rockbox is powered off.
* How much work actually remains to get the charging screen to work on
the Iriver H300? I understand the bootloader would have to be modified,
but are the basics already there (reporting of charging state, battery
level, etc.)?

James Teh
MSN Messenger:
Yahoo: jcs_teh