Subject: Re: MP3 clip and contravercial FM radio comment

Re: MP3 clip and contravercial FM radio comment

From: Rob Powell <rob_at_rinty.plus.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 14:06:52 +0100

Hi, the situation is that they're alrady available. Perstel, Pure
digital Morphy Richards and Sanyo all make these units in the
UK. The pure is about the only unit that'll allow you to record from
the DAB to the MP3 player, via SD card. I agree with Dave re the
quality of DAB, and would add that within 5 years it's likely that
DAB won't be the predominant, and certainly won't be the only digital
radio format. L-band and DRM, (digital AM) will both be available
widely by then.