Subject: Re: charging questions

Re: charging questions

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: 2006-06-25

Jens Arnold wrote:
>> wonder why Rockbox doesn't drop the user into the charging
>> screen when the user requests a power down instead of leaving
>> them in the browser/WPS.
> This is by design. There is no difference in letting it charge
> in a special charging screen and letting it charge in the
> browser. So why bother having a special charging screen?
Actually, I did think of one reason. Currently, if you disconnect the
charger, because the main Rockbox application is loaded, it will not
power off until idle timeout, so you have to disconnect and then power
off. The charging screen ensures that once the user has shut Rockbox
down, disconnecting from the charger will power off the hardware
immediately. This seems a minor detail, but having to turn the unit off
once disconnecting from the charger is a bit of a nuisance, given that
the charging screen has already been implemented (although I guess it
could be difficult to use this code in this case; I am not sure).

Jamie

--
James Teh
Email: jamie@jantrid.net