Subject: Re: Any news from rockbox 3.0 ?

Re: Any news from rockbox 3.0 ?

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 2006-06-25

Yall wrote:
Grant Hardy wrote:
> The power drain's been solved? When?
As of about a week ago.
> I still don't see much difference
> on my h340's power consumption. How long should the battery be lasting
> now?
"How long should the battery be lasting" is a rather subjective
question. It depends on your battery's condition. It should now last the
same time or more than with the Iriver firmware. With a relatively new
stock battery, you might get 17 hours or so; check the IriverRuntime
wiki page for actual tests.

Did I not read something about the fact that you need to fool the battery
capacity read out in order to get an more accurate figure? Of course that
doesn't mean that a full charge on a good battery will give you the 17 hours
but it would be nice to be able to get the run time info.

rocker

Jamie

--
James The
Email:
 > on my h340's power consumption.  How long should the battery be lasting
 > now?
"How long should the battery be lasting" is a rather subjective
question. It depends on your battery's condition. It should now last the
same time or more than with the Iriver firmware. With a relatively new
stock battery, you might get 17 hours or so; check the IriverRuntime
wiki page for actual tests.
Jamie
--
James Teh