Subject: trouble with June 28 iPod Nano firmware

trouble with June 28 iPod Nano firmware

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: 2006-07-05

Hello,

I tried updating my 2 GB iPod Nano to the June 28 firmware, but had
some problems regarding the Rockbox bootloader. When using this
update, I could boot to either Rockbox or the Apple firmware and
access all of Rockbox just fine. I could access the menus in the
Apple firmware, but I could not play anything using the Apple
firmware. I tried Audible books, tracks purchased from the iTunes
music store, and an unprotected MP3, all to no avail - it was as
though this music was not in my iPod. Everything showed up just fine
in iTunes, and I transferred a track using iTunes just fine, but
nothing would play. The only way I could get anything to play was to
uninstall the Rockbox bootloader.

Since I had the bootpartition.bin file from the March 23 update, I
reverted to that version and reinstalled the Rockbox bootloader. Now
everything works as it should. So the problem is clearly with the
interaction between the June 28 Apple firmware and the Rockbox
bootloader, and the type of track to be played is irrelevant.

All the best,
Anna