Subject: H300 battery life

H300 battery life

From: Jonathan Corbet <corbet_at_lwn.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 08:14:44 -0600

So, I decided that the time had come to run an experiment. I grabbed
the July 4 H340 daily build, charged my shiny new 2200 mAh battery to
the top, then proceeded to listen to a *lot* of music. I never plugged
in the charger, and kept track of how much listening time I got.

The result: the player finally shut itself down after just over 25 hours
of playing time.

There were a number of power up/down cycles during that time (it took me
almost three days to run the player down), and at least two connections
to my computer to load more files. But otherwise it was mostly left
alone - not a lot of skipping around, not a lot of backlight time.

Congrats to the folks who tracked down and fixed the power drain
problem! I'd say that the job is well and truly done.

jon