Subject: Re: quickly changing the volume

Re: quickly changing the volume

From: Brian Wolven <>
Date: 2006-07-11

Woody Anna Dresner wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any way to quickly change the volume in Rockbox? Sometimes I
> play my iPod via headphones, and sometimes over a Tunecast in the car,
> meaning at full volume. Since I rely on the speech interface, I am
> often either unable to hear what I'm doing in the car, making it hard to
> select a track, or being blasted out through the headphones while I
> navigate through the file browser to the track I want to play. I can
> change the volume easily once a track is playing, but it would be great
> to be able to do it right after turning on the iPod. Thanks for any help.

I load config files to quickly set the volume/bass/EQ levels to appropriate
values for headphone or car use. You can then fine tune the volume once a song
is playing. I'm not sure if config files work exactly the same way for the iPod
(I only have an "old-school" Archos JBR 40), but I suspect that they do.