Subject: Unable to get rockbox running properly on iAudio x5

Unable to get rockbox running properly on iAudio x5

From: Tim Culhane <>
Date: 2006-07-12

I've just installed the latest daily build of rockbox on my iAudio x5
player along with the x5_fw.bin which I downloaded about 2 weeks ago.

The player starts up fine, but the following problems then occur:

1. the main menu cannot be accessed. I tried holding the play button for
several seconds, but no joy.

2. When playing an audio file I get 'illegal instruction' errors and
'access address' errors when starting and stopping mp3 files.

3. I get no speech output when navigating the file viewer.

As I'm blind I need the speech output in order to operate the player.

Can anybody suggest what I need to do in order to get rockbox operational
in a less unstable manner?

Tim Culhane,
Critical Path Ireland,
42-47 Lower Mount Street,
Dublin 2.
Direct line: 353-1-2415107
phone: 353-1-2415000

Critical Path
a global leader in digital communications