Subject: Re: Gmini 220 or Jukebox FM Recorder or iRiver?

Re: Gmini 220 or Jukebox FM Recorder or iRiver?

From: mat holton <mathew.holton_at_zirconsoftware.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:48:27 +0100

no problem, glad to be of help :-)

Rockbox on the iRiver has more functionality that on the AJR and the
AJRFM (the radio is infinitely superior on the iRiver too)
But it's pretty much cosmetic unless you like playing files other than
mp3 (like ogg, wav etc.). It's nice to have colorful WPS (while playing
screens)
with the iriver but it really doesn't matter. There are more games (my
fantastically amazing Astrorocks game looks pretty cool on the iRiver
but plays just fine on my AJRFM) like Doom, pacman, gameboy emulator -
but again, if it's music your into it's pretty irrelevant.
Put it this way, I would have stuck with my AJRFM forever had the
headphone socket not broken...(I like it's retro coolness!)

Rockbox is not flashed to the iRiver, I believe it just runs from file
but the loading time is negligible so it's no big issue.
It loads amazingly quick on my AJRFM.

I havn't had to deal with iRiver CS yet, heopefully I won't have to :-)