Subject: Re: Gmini 220 or Jukebox FM Recorder

Re: Gmini 220 or Jukebox FM Recorder

From: Mike Holden <>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:07:50 +0100 (BST)

mat holton said:
>> mat holton wrote:
>>> Saying that, I've just bought an iriver H320 as I found one (fairly)
>>> cheap on ebay (I still own an FMR but the headphone socket is
>>> broken). This is an ace device and it runs rockbox. The only problem
>>> is the battery time is only 9 hours (it was 19 on my archos)
>> Really? Then your battery must be really bad. You should get at least
>> 12-15 hours with Rockbox.
>> Linus
> Well, I'm just going by what Rockbox tells me in the info screen at the
> moment, I'm going to properly benchmark it over the next few days.

The runtime is actually about 18 hours or so, but due to a bug, the
reporting of runtime hasn't been recalibrated after a big improvement of
battery life some weeks ago (disabling the USBOTG chip, which drew lots of
power even though it wasn't active).

As a short-term workaround (pending a proper fix in the code), change your
battery capacity from 1300 to 2600 mah in the settings screen, which
should get you pretty close.

Mike Holden