Subject: Re: MP3/wave splitter with silence detection

Re: MP3/wave splitter with silence detection

From: David Pedersen <dav-ped_at_frisurf.no>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 12:40:53 -0400

Goldwave, as already stated, in previous messages, can do the trick. In
fact, I am using it quite often for my .wavfiles. The disadvantage, of
GoldWave, is it's decomprssing/compressing the .mp3 files. Therefore, I will
suggest the MP3 Direct Cut, which is a freeware, and which does a wonderful
job with the .mp3. If you don't find it on the net, contact me offlist, and
I can mail it to you.

In short, to do a quick and easy job, I would suggest Goldwave for the .wav
files, and MP3 Direct Cut for the .mp3 files. If you are using Screen
Readers, both of these softwares are accessible (I have been using them with
two different SR).