Subject: June 28 firmware

June 28 firmware

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:45:05 -1000

Hi,

I was just looking at the change logs, and it's really impressive how
much work has been done lately. Also, thanks to everyone who has
made it possible to put up HTML manuals. All this is great!

One thing I can't tell from looking at the change logs is whether the
problem involving the June 28 Apple firmware and the iPod Nano has
been solved. This is the problem that if you're running that
firmware, you can't play anything on the Nano if you install Rockbox
and then boot to the Apple firmware. (Rockbox works fine, and the
Apple firmware appears to work fine, except that it appears there are
no music tracks or Audible books when running the Apple
firmware.) Has there been any progress? Thanks very much.

By the way, I'm really enjoying the Pitch feature - being able to
speed up podcasts. It's great to be able to skim with an MP3 player!

Cheers,
Anna