Subject: Re: issues with ipod

Re: issues with ipod

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:45:25 -1000

>Hi Rob,

I can't answer all your questions, but I can answer some.

The easiest way to charge the iPod is to reboot into the Apple
firmware first (assuming the battery isn't completely dead and you
can do this). Then it should work from the charger just fine.

I wouldn't recommend uninstalling iTunes. You might want to load
Audible content at some point. But when I needed to completely
uninstall and reinstall iTunes once, an Apple tech support person had
me use Add/Remove Programs, then delete my iTunes folder from Program
Files. This did not completely uninstall iTunes, however, because
when I reinstalled, I didn't have to rebuild my library, and some of
my settings carried over. But it is close to a clean uninstall.

>You might reboot to the Apple firmware before copying files to your
>iPod. This will speed up transfers considerably because then the
>iPod uses USB2. With any luck, it will fix the i/o error as well.

My only suggestion for the problem of losing your settings is to turn
off the iPod immediately after getting the settings the way you
want. This should ensure that they are saved.

>Good luck with everything.

Cheers,
Anna