Subject: Re: issues with ipod

Re: issues with ipod

From: Michael DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:24:24 -0400

Rob Powell wrote:
> Hi Michael and all,
>
> I've managed to get the files to play properly on my ipod, by putting
> my ipod in the menus whilst playing music, however when not in menus,
> i.e. when the while playing screen needs to change, playback is broken
> up. Having looked at the display settings, I've set scroll speed to
> zero, as that appears to be the only option that might turn scrolling
> off, the other settings didn't make much sense to me: could someone
> suggest what these should be? I want the simplest possible WPS screen,
> preferably one that isn't updated, in order to save processing power.
> Thanks,

The way to change what displays on the While Playing Screen is by using
a .wps file.

Try the attached file. Copy it over to your player, and then "play" it
like you would play a song file. (If the attachment does not come
through, copy the following line into a text file using a text editor
like Wordpad and save it with a .wps extension.)

%ac%?it<%it|%fn>

This .wps will display nothing on the screen but the song name. I think
that it is probably possible to have a .wps that displays nothing on the
screen at all, but I thought it would be useful to have *something* on
the screen so that if a sighted person looks at the player, he/she will
be able to tell that it is on the WPS screen.

Let me know if this works.

Mike

%ac%?it<%it|%fn>