Subject: Re: IO device error with ipod

Re: IO device error with ipod

From: Matthew Caron <>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:11:13 -0400

> Re the original iPod poster - not sure what you mean by "designated as a
> hub" .. ?

I am not the original poster, but in my travels I have seen machines
which incorporate an integral USB hub in order to supply more ports.
Often times, the chip will support N ports, and N - 1 will be brought
out for external connection, and then the last will be brought to hub
contained inside the machine containing X ports, which gives you N - 1 +
X ports. It's not common, but not completely unusual either. It
functions just as if you had connected an external USB hub. Sometimes
they are powered, sometimes not.

PGP Key:
 ~~ Matt Caron ~~