Subject: info about currently playing file

info about currently playing file

From: Woody Anna Dresner <>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:15:26 -1000

When I first started using Rockbox, which was in June, if I pressed
Play/Pause for two seconds, I was taken to the file browser, and the
name of the currently playing track was spoken. Now when I do this,
I am still taken to the file browser, but the name of the track I
played first when entering the folder is spoken. Does anyone know
what I might have changed to cause this behavior? I liked it the
other way because I can't see, and this gave me a quick way to find
out the name of the current track if I wanted to.

On what may be a related topic, bookmarks used to be put in the
folder they related to, but now they're in the folder above that
one. Again, I prefer the previous behavior, because bookmark
filenames are spelled (MP3 clips can't be generated for them), and
they're less in the way if they're in the folders they relate
to. Thanks for any help with these issues.