Subject: Which container formats does rockbox support?

Which container formats does rockbox support?

From: Stephan Seitz <>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:57:51 +0200

Searching the web site I can find a page where the audio codecs are
listed which are supported by rockbox.
But which container formats can rockbox use? I can put flac into a ogg
container, or I can use a Matroska container:
Package: mkvtoolnix
Version: 1.7.0-1
Matroska is a new multimedia container format, based on EBML (Extensible
Binary Meta Language), which is a kind of binary XML.
These tools allow to manipulate Matroska files.
 - mkvmerge is a tool to create Matroska files from other formats
 - mkvinfo allows to get information about the tracks in a Matroska file
 - mkvextract can extract tracks from Matroska files to other formats
 - base64tool can encode and decode base64
Upstream homepage :
Shade and sweet water!

| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: |
| PGP Public Keys: |