Subject: Re: Patch #5690 by Steve Bavin - Fix for memory corruption when using.talk clips

Re: Patch #5690 by Steve Bavin - Fix for memory corruption when using.talk clips

From: Steve Bavin <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:28:49 +0100

Hi Tim,

The patch has been improved and added to CVS, so perhaps start by getting a
new CVS build.

>> 1. double clicking of the joystick and the play and record buttons are
required to activate them.

Sounds like you may have the option set that means the first press only
turns the backlight on, hence a second press is required to actually do
anything. I'm not near my Iriver right now, but you should be able to find
the option and disable it (or maybe someone here will give full details).

>> 2. the words 'while hovering' are sometimes spoken in the 'menu'
voice when navigating files and folders where the 'while hovering' setting
is used.

This is deliberate. It happens when you have a .talk file selected so as to
distinguish them from the actual file/folder they describe. I suspect you
have Show Files:All selected, in which case you may be better off changing
this to Show Files:Supported.

Hope this helps,

Steve Bavin