Subject: need help looking for mp3 WMA player

need help looking for mp3 WMA player

From: K4NKZ Jim Ardin <k4nkz_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 06:10:46 -0400

Hi everybody, I am brand-new to this rock box lists, and I have a lot of
questions!
Let me give you some of my personal history!
I was using a Dell DJ 30 MP3 player. Until last week when it died on me.
I was using the MP3 player, to play talking books that I converted to MP3
and WMA files. I made each book into one track.

So each track was five to 10 hours long. So if I had to stop in the middle
of a book, and pick it up the next day, or an

hour later, when I started the book the next day, it would start at the
beginning of the book. So I would have to

fast-forward to the spot where I left off the day before and.
So what I am looking for is a better way of handling these books.
And I'm hoping that somebody on this list would be able to help me. I am
thinking that I could probably use a MP3 playlists

for each book and break each book up into multiple tracks. And then instead
of selecting play all tracks to go through my

books I could go through to playlists and select which book I wish to start
with. But I am thinking that I would have to use

a this rock box software to really know what I am doing.
So because I have to replace my MP3 player I am asking everyone on this list
to please let me know which MP3 players that

have 30 G or more of memory will work with the rock box software! I am not
looking for a discontinued model, or an out of

date model, or an Apple iPod. Because you paid too much for the Apple name.
I would also like to be able to place a bookmark when I turn the MP3 player
off, so when I started the next day it will pick
up in the middle of the book if possible!
I hope I explained what I am looking for. And I really hope that somebody
will be able to help me
before I spend $300 or more for a MP3 player that I can't work.
Thanks for any and all help, from A MP3 / WMA player dummy.
Have A Nice Day, cause somebody should!
From Jim eMail = K4NKZ_at_comcast.net