Subject: Re: Iriver crashing loads

Re: Iriver crashing loads

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 06:48:50 -0500

Vorbis playback has been broken when trying to
play such compressed audio files from the file
browser. The unit can still play oggs, but only
when it is first turned on with the resume on
startup feature enabled. I tried filing a bug
report when I discovered this problem, but for
whatever reason I was unable to register on the RB site.

At 10:14 PM 8/13/2006, you wrote:
>Are you trying to say that Ogg/Vorbis playback
>has been broken for you for the past 12 days? Have you filed a bug report?
>
>On 8/13/06, Stephen Clower <
><mailto:steve_at_steve-audio.net>steve_at_steve-audio.net> wrote:
>Are you by chance trying to play ogg files from
>within the file browser? I can confirm that this
>feature has been busted since the August 1 daily
>build. If this is the case, I'dd suggest going
>back to the July 31 version of Rockbox until this is fixed.
>
>HTH,
>Steve
>At 09:35 PM 8/13/2006, you wrote:
> >Hi guys.
> >
> >Over the past few weeks my Iriver h340 has been hanging an awful lot.
> >
> >I'm blidn but have light perception. I can see
> >the backlight lit up but nothings playing when
> >it hangs. I can't power off, nor does it boot
> when I connect it to my system.
> >
> >I'm running th elatest daily build, (installed
> >today thinking it would solve the problem), have
> >ran scandisk on it and tested for bad sectors.
> >
> >I've noticed the unit skipping a file, or files
> >being corrupt on th eunit. Any suggestions?
> >
> >Cheers
> >Barry
> >ะเ
>

>----------
>Stephen Clower
>Email/.Net Messenger: <mailto:steve_at_steve-audio.net>steve_at_steve-audio.net
>AIM: AudioRabbit03
>Yahoo: sclower2003
>Skype: sclower
>
>Check out my little home on the web at
><http://www.steve-audio.net>http://www.steve-audio.net

Stephen Clower
Email/.Net Messenger: steve_at_steve-audio.net