Rockbox mail archive
Subject: vorbis playback causes hard freeze [was Re: Iriver crashing loads]
vorbis playback causes hard freeze [was Re: Iriver crashing loads]
Stephen Clower wrote:
> Are you by chance trying to play ogg files from within the file browser?
> I can confirm that this feature has been busted since the August 1 daily
> build. If this is the case, I'dd suggest going back to the July 31
> version of Rockbox until this is fixed.
My ogg vorbis playback broke when I installed a recent CVS build also.
After some further investigation, here is some more info to help track
* The bug crept in between the 2006-08-01 and 2006-08-02 daily builds;
i.e. it did not exist in 2006-08-01. This means that it was caused by
one of the changes listed here:
* Playback of vorbis files from the file browser causes a hard freeze
with the disk spinning.
* The freeze only occurs if voice is enabled. If you remove the voice
file or disable all voicing options, all works normally. This explains
why several others are not experiencing this issue.
* If you disable voice, get a vorbis file playing and then re-enable
voice while it is playing, playback continues normally. You can skip
between tracks and they play fine. If, however, you stop playback and
attempt to start it again from the file browser, you will get a hard freeze.
* Note that I tried a clean install of Rockbox with builds exhibiting
the freeze with no change.
Hope this helps and that this issue can be resolved. :)
MSN Messenger: jamie_at_jantrid.net
Received on 2006-08-15
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew