Subject: AAC support flaky in iPod Nano

AAC support flaky in iPod Nano

From: Woody Anna Dresner <>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:00:34 -1000

Somewhere between the July 26 and August 4 builds, AAC files stopped
playing consistently in my iPod Nano. Typically, whenever I do a
reset and then try to play an AAC file from the file browser, the
iPod crashes. If I play about 30 seconds of an MP3 file after a
reset and then try to play an AAC file, it usually plays, and then
all AAC files play fine until I reset the iPod. Since I often switch
to the Apple firmware, I have to reset pretty frequently, so this
problem comes up a lot. And I'm not exactly sure what makes AAC
files play okay - as I said, playing 30 seconds of an MP3 usually
does it, but playing a long MP3 playlist doesn't. And tonight, using
the latest build (the August 15 one), this method didn't work, but
after a couple resets the AAC files started playing okay. Reverting
to the July 26 build solved the problem. I play files from the file
browser and am running MS Mary as my voice. Has anyone else experienced this?