Subject: Observations about recent daily builds

Observations about recent daily builds

From: Grant Hardy <>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:28:51 -0700

I have been using the daily build for Rockbox dated July 30th. Upon
returning from a trip, I upgraded to the August 13th daily build. WOW, the
difference was amazing! The voice UI was SO much more responsive (for
example, navigating quickly through a long list of spelt items was easier
and faster than ever), and I could "interupt" the voice output much more
quickly. Unfortunately, when I upgraded to the August 16th build, the voice
interface went back to the way it was with the July 30th build -- the
responsiveness is noticeably not as good. I went back to August 13th and
again, response is amazing! So...something has obviously changed in the
last three days, that puts a damper once again on voice response. If
someone tries the August 13th build, they'll know what I mean.