Subject: Re: Observations about recent daily builds

Re: Observations about recent daily builds

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:12:07 -0500

Additionally, some changes were made to the voice interface which
caused some unintentional problems with file types other than mp3;
specifically, this was introduced around August 2. Some changes were
made a few days ago, and the interface is more stable, though not as
stable as it was prior to the patch. I don't know if this has any
direct correlation to the UI speed, but it along with the keymap
redesigns are no doubt the source of your trouble. Until both issues
have been corrected by the knowledgable Rockbox team, I would suggest
sticking with the August 13 build if you don't have any other files
than mp3 to listen to, or July 31/August 1 if you do.