Subject: Re: Iriverh340 Skips, stream Loss?

Re: Iriverh340 Skips, stream Loss?

From: Manuel Dejonghe <>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:05:56 +0200

On 8/22/06, Dj Paddy <> wrote:
> I get an message about some files having extra info that will be lost if I
> proceed witht he copy, and it's entitled stream loss when copying files to
> the unit using Windows Explorer under XP.
> Has anyone else had this happen and if so how do you fix it?

if you installed (once in this computers lifetime) the Kaspersky Anti
Virus, this stream (alternate data stream, only possible on
ntfs-formatted drives) will be called KAVICHS.
It's just that the virus scanner is attaching additional information
to the file he needs to discover viruses.
There is no loss of beloved data whatsover if you copy these files to your dap.
If you want to get rid of the streams, there is a special tool to
remove them (even after deinstallation of the program). Look for