Subject: Re: Upload and Patchproblem of Iriver 340

Re: Upload and Patchproblem of Iriver 340

From: Jonas H <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:46:33 +0200

Gerhard Jaworek wrote:

> I do not really know, whitch firmware fits to the patcher.exe.
> I tried the newest one and received an error.
> The error is: "can not open patched firmware for checksumm".
> How can I solve this? I had a working patcher to a working firmware file,
> but I lost it. So I downloaded it again and it does not work.

This is a bug in the firmware patcher program, which I fixed a while
ago, but the patcher hasn't been updated yet to include this fix. Any of
the firmwares you listed should work - the only difference is their
capabilities in the Iriver Firmware.

The problem is with using the keyboard to navigate the patcher, this
doesn't work reliably at the moment. It will attempt to run the patching
routine as soon as you use the keyboard, and before you have selected a
file, which makes it fail of course.

I think we'll have to wait for Linus to update the bootloader and
firmware patcher to include my fix.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk