Subject: Iriver H340 Drive dying?

Iriver H340 Drive dying?

From: Dj Paddy <mygroups_at_djpaddy.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:19:20 +0100

Hi guys.

Thought I'd try again with this and use a more appropriate header.

When copying large amounts of data back from the unit to the system I get
from time to time, a message like,

"Error Copying File or Folder
Cannot copy 01-Palms, Pigs And Bad Debts: Data error (cyclic redundancy
check).
OK"

I've seen this on cd's that have been burnt too fast. Is the drive going
bad?

There's a selection of files on the drive now that wont' copy back to the
system.

They will delete.

I've ran acheck disk and checked for bad sectors and had it fix any it found
under Windows XP.

If this drives going des anyone upgrade the drives and would it be worth my
while froma cost perspective?

Cheers
Barry