Subject: RE: Getting out of hard freezes

RE: Getting out of hard freezes

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:42:40 +0100

I own an H140, but I'm pretty sure the process is near-identical for all
iRiver models...

I had a problem with my device freezing like that (in fact, I still do on
occasion) - one time though, it was particularly bad, the battery ran low
and for some reason the software got stuck mid-cycle or mid-process, it
wouldn't even acknowledge me pressing the reset button.

Eventually, I had to take the case off, take apart the PCB inside and short
the battery terminals with a screwdriver - then, I took it home, gave it a
full charge and bingo - it worked perfectly. It is a proper hassle to do,
but you can always do that if all else fails. It was annoying though, as I
had a whole day of work in front of a soldering iron ahead of me that day...
And my MP3 player had to fail on me during the walk IN to University in the
morning :/

Christopher