Subject: Re: link help

Re: link help

From: Jonas H <>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:29:36 +0200

albertbrown wrote:
> I erased the rockbox program and reloaded it again.
> the problem is it loads straight in to iriver. the question is am i using
> the wrong patcher?

First of all, please don't respond to a post when you really mean to
start a new thread. Start a new mail as you would if you were to write
to someone else, and address it to The reason for
this is explained in the following mail:

As for your question. It sounds like you don't have the Rockbox software
on your Iriver. Do you have a .rockbox folder and a rockbox.iriver file
on your Iriver?

Make sure that you do by downloading and installing a recent build.

If you're sure that's correct, download the firmware patcher and run
that on an unmodified file. Then use the Iriver firmware's "upgrade
firmware" feature.

Basically, follow these instructions:
to install Rockbox again.

Jonas H