Subject: Sandisk e200 series

Sandisk e200 series

From: Jacob Rau <jacob.rau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 22:07:46 -0400

Hey list,

I'm looking at getting a new player as my brother squashed my nano,
breaking the screen and causing both the AppleCare warranty and the Best
Buy warranty to be null and void. I keep seeing the Sandisk e200 pop up.
I am thinking of getting one, but I am a little wary about the firmware
freezes and upgrade issues I have seen online. So the question is, how
is the port coming? I realize it's a hobby project, but, I mean, does it
look hopeful? Did sandisk ever hand out specs? Schematics? I would love
to help develop; I just need assurance that this port isn't dead.

Please, please don't give me the "plz port to..." lecture. I realize
it's not my "right" to have a RB port for this platform. I realize it's
a project taken up in someone's spare time. I am just asking, nothing more.

Jake