Subject: Re: rockbox crashes

Re: rockbox crashes

From: Manuel Dejonghe <>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 14:46:15 +0200

On 9/2/06, albertbrown <> wrote:
> I have the iriver-340, I downloaded the firmware from rasher's page .
> as soon as I turn on the iriver I am unable to move around the menus , or my
> albums .
> I always have to do a reset.
> If I load the Iriver firmware I'm able to go in to USB bootloader mode

I have seen something similar when the user who sent me the unit for
help had formatted the drive as NTFS by mistake. It took me quite a
while to find out what the problem was. The rockbox bootloader will
not say something like "wrong filesystem (NTFS instead of FAT32)". It
just sits there at a point in the bootloader (the moment after you
hear the disk spinning up).
When I booted into the OF (took ages), it said there was 0 Bytes Free
with 0 Songs on it.