Subject: comparison of microphone inputs for different RB Hardware?

comparison of microphone inputs for different RB Hardware?

From: Jon Nicoll <jkn_rb_at_nicorp.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 22:00:31 +0100

Hello there
        I've just joined this list. I'm interested in getting the Rockbox
functionality onto one of the various available HW platforms. I don't yet own
the requisite HW and I'm looking for advice as to what to consider. One of
the main areas of importance to me is the quality of the recording side. I
haven't found much information on this in the documentation I've scanned so
far. So, any comments? How do the preamps differ between Archos and iRiver?
Any models stand out in any particular way? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks for your thoughts.

        Cheers
        Jon N