Subject: Re: What state is the iRiver H10 20g rockbox code in?

Re: What state is the iRiver H10 20g rockbox code in?

From: Barry Wardell <barry.wardell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:14:44 +0100

Hi,
The H10 port is still in the early stages, but progressing fast. There
haven't been any battery life tests just yet, but I suspect there will be
significantly lower battery life than with the original firmware, at least
for the moment. There are quite a few bugs yet to be ironed out, but I'm
still able to use only Rockbox on my H10 daily and never boot the iriver
firmware. As we iron out the bugs, we will start to reach the same level as
the ipods since they have a very similar hardware. Also, fixes to a lot of
the ipod code will provide the same benefit to the H10 port.

So, basically, Rockbox on the H10 is usable at the moment and improving all
the time. Probably reduced battery life and some bugs are to be expected.

Hope that answers your questions,
Regards,
Barry Wardell