Subject: Re: Old Archos drivers?

Re: Old Archos drivers?

From: Frederik Möllers <frederik.moellers_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 20:16:41 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:57:32 +0200
Von: newbeewan <newbeewan_at_nativobject.com>
An: Rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Betreff: Re: Old Archos drivers?

> On 07.09.2006 14:45, Frederik Möllers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm still trying to get my AJB Studio 20 working. I use WinXP and
> everytime I plug it in and install the drivers, I get a bluescreen saying
> "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I asked some people what that means (including
> the Archos Support), but nobody could help me. I heard that maybe other
> drivers could help, but the only drivers >I have are the newest ones. In some
> Rockbox Board I read that old drivers are working fine and so I wanted to ask
> if somebody with older drivers could send them to me so I can test them
> with my Jukebox. I do need the drivers for the new Archos models, though.
> Only the TPP200.inf and TPP200.sys are accepted as drivers for the box, a very
> old driver CD I had from my first Jukebox didn't work. It seems that they
> built a new ATA bridge in the newer models.
> >
> > I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me get my box running.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> winXP does not need any driver to use USB Storage (your archor is
> recognized as an usb storage device), the direr you are trying to use
> are probably for win98, that's why it doesn't work...
>
> Mourad

That's what everyone is trying to tell me...
But it's not true. I cannot use the box without drivers. WinXP asks for a driver disk everytime I plug it in (Home and Prof.).
According to the post I read in some Forum this is because of the ATA bridge or sth. like that which is built in the Jukebox. It may be that some (older) models don't need drivers under XP, but my box definately does.

But thanks anyway
Fred