Subject: Re: Old Archos drivers?

Re: Old Archos drivers?

From: Frederik Möllers <frederik.moellers_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:12:33 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 21:25:30 +0200
Von: Vladimir Pantelic <pan_at_nt.tu-darmstadt.de>
An: Rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Betreff: Re: Old Archos drivers?

> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, "Frederik Möllers" wrote:
>
> > Yes, the Archos Studio and Player models use the ISD200 chip which is
> not
> > fully usb-storage compliant and thus you MUST install drivers for them
> in
> > Windows.
>
> which you get here:
>
> http://www.archos.com/support/download/drivers/Archos_USB_Drivers_09062005.zip

And which are the ones I already have. The TPP200.sys and TPP200.inf are the same files that I already tried.

I would use Linux to transfer data to my Jukebox, but I only have Linux on VMware and since WinXP has some really f***ed up usb stacks (according to what somebody at my father's work told me), I can't use it on my VMware-Linux either...
I got it running twice, once I plugged it into a USB hub, but when I pulled it out and plugged it in again, I got the bluescreen again...
I was told that other drivers could help but it seems that there are no other drivers than those TPP200 ones, so my only hope is that there are older versions that might work.

Fred