Subject: Re: Problem putting iPod into disc mode for RB install

Re: Problem putting iPod into disc mode for RB install

From: Jacob Rau <jacob.rau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:09:41 -0400

I was going to describe this process, but it sounded like Mark knew what
he was doing. But yes, turn hold on, turn it off, and hold the center
and top buttons for about six seconds. If you want to put the iPod into
disk mode then you need to immediately hold the center button and bottom
button at the same time immediately after a reset. You might have a
friend check it out to see what is on screen during this; you'll know
the reset worked when the contents of the screen fade out and, after a
fraction of a second are replaced by an Apple logo. From my experience
you need to hold the center and bottom buttons right before the
backlight turns on after the Apple logo shows up. Like I said, you'll
need someone to check what's on screen. I don't know how much sight you
have; if you can sense brightness you'll be able to tell if the iPod is
actually resetting; the backlight will flicker.

Good luck
Jacob

PS: forgot your screen is broken, so obviously nobody will be able to
tell if the apple logo is showing; but the backlight should still function.

If you need any more instruction, don't hesitate to mail the list again.