Subject: Re: Problem putting iPod into disc mode for RB install

Re: Problem putting iPod into disc mode for RB install

From: Mike Hodson <mystica_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:49:02 -0600

I know I am a latecomer to this thread...however I think i know what
was actually the problem: My friend's ipod did the exact same thing
when it was brand new, because the battery was too low. It never would
be recognised by the computer. If USB provided the same 2A current as
firewire, this would never be the issue. However, if your battery gets
so dead that it needs more current to charge and run at the same time
than the usb port alone can provide, you may want to let it sit
overnight in the computer to charge up.

Mike