Subject: Re: RB and AC3

Re: RB and AC3

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 00:21:29 -0400

And i can confirm from experience that the versions of Rockbox sporting
the software codec play AC3 files very dandily. I play them from time
to time on an Iriver H340. What will says is correct. Many of the
newer players for which Rockbox uses software codecs for decoding media
files supports AC3. None of the Archos models supports it. I believe
the Archos daps can basically handle mp3 and wav via the hardware mp3
chip they have.

Cheers,
Andrew.