Subject: Re: Help

Re: Help

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:16:34 +0200

On 9/9/06, Aditya Mehra <overidemehra_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just wanted to know if I could install the rockbox software on my
> Archos Av 500 which I have recently bought a week back. If it is possible
> please do let me know or any other way of hacking the archos av 500.
> I have been looking all over the net and I have been unsuccessful in
> finding any hack or mods for the av 500. So, it would be a great help if you
> could help out here.

Hi,

there have been other project for these devices in the past.
First, there is linav, known to be stalled and obsolete.
Then, there is avOS, designed for the Archos AV 300, I don't know if
it's the same device or not: http://sourceforge.net/projects/avos/
Last but not least, there is www.archopen.org, who seem to do a lot of work.

~lImbus