Subject: alarm

From: victor rajewski <>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:03:41 +1000

I'm working on a plugin to provide alarm-clock like functionality for
any device with an RTC.
It's based on the alarm plugin at
It works thus: you start playing a song/playlist, then start the
plugin which pauses playback until the alarm ticks over. Then it
resumes playback.

Planned features include:
* Ramping-up of volume over a given time frame
* Snooze (already implemented; want to make this customisable)
* Files for different alarm settings. So you can have an 'alarms'
folder, and when you start an 'alarm' file in the file browser, it
will load up the settings for that alarm. Could possibly put playlists
into this as well.

What other features might you want in an alarm-clock? Beeping after a
certain time might be an idea, but for the time being I plan to have a
'real' alarm backup.