Subject: Re: alarm

Re: alarm

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 22:28:29 +1000

On 17/09/06, Stephan Seitz <nur-ab-sal_at_gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 09:03:41PM +1000, victor rajewski wrote:
> >I'm working on a plugin to provide alarm-clock like functionality for
> >any device with an RTC.
>
> My question should not stop you from working on your plugin, but who
> would use it, I wonder?
>
> You would need external speakers. I don't know of any person who is able
> to sleep with headphones.
>
> You would probably need a power supply for your device because it is
> running the whole time and you don't want to oversleep because the
> battery is discharged.
>
> Which device supports a good RTC? At least my iRiver 340 doesn't have a
> clock I would like to rely on. Any device with a radio controlled clock
> available?
>
> Since small radio controlled clocks are quite cheap and not so power
> hungry I always prefer those.
>

> Your snooze feature is quite nice but again who can sleep with
> headphones?
>
> Shade and sweet water!
>
> Stephan

yee of little faith!
my alarm at the moment is a nearly 10 year old cd player which makes a
bloody annoying hissing sound on even the slightest of scratched cd's,
and occasionally refuses to play the thing so i sleep in and be late
to lectures..
my h300 on the other-hand has 20gb of music which i wouldnt mind
waking up to, has a decent clock, an AC adaptor (which is plugged in
most nights anyway), connects to either my stereo or portable
speakers, and would be great as my alarm.
and as for a reliable RTC.. its proably as reliable as your PC one...