Subject: Re: alarm

Re: alarm

From: victor rajewski <askvictor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:18:23 +1000

On 9/17/06, Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh please. A PC clock is going to be accurate enough for you to set it to
> wake up in the morning. It's not going to drift enough to make you late for
> work overnight, and neither is the clock on your MP3 player. It's not that
> thard to glance at it before setting the alarm, just to make sure it's
> accurate.

On that note, most bedside alarm clocks I've ever used drift far more
than any computer (or mp3 player) I've come across.

But for me one of the main aims here is to have music start playing
gently about half an hour before I want to get up. I'll still probably
have my phone set to beep at the time I _need_ to get up, but the
music should slowly start waking me up, rather than a sudden jolt.