Subject: Re: rockbox and the eyepod nano

Re: rockbox and the eyepod nano

From: Glenn at home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:40:02 -0500

Hello Dean,
Did you access the menus?
The menus are the only thing will talk by default.
I don't know how to turn on the menus, since I don't own an iPod.
Someone here can tell you how to do that.
Also, if it does not talk when pressing the menu button,
You will probably need to look in the folder:
.rockbox/langs
and make sure there is a file there called:
English.voice
After you have the menus talking, go to:
general, voice
and turn on the files and folders options.
To have files and folders spoken by their names, you need to run the
voicebox script
which can be downloaded from the site.
It uses your default voice found in your control panel, under speech, to produce the spoken names.
HTH.
Glenn